You want to sell your Southwest Michigan house, and you want to get top dollar.
But “What do I need to do to sell my house in Southwest Michigan“?
Here are some suggestions on how to prepare your home for sale to achieve the highest possible price based on the current market conditions:
*IMPORTANT: The following steps are recommended if you want to get the maximum retail value for your house. However, if you do not wish to undertake these steps due to lack of time or money, there are alternative ways to sell your Southwest Michigan house quickly and for a fair value through a win-win transaction that saves you time and expenses.
To impress potential buyers, cleanliness is key. Even vacant properties can accumulate dust and dirt over time, so it’s important to keep it spotless. Hire a professional cleaner if necessary to ensure your property is in gleaming condition until it sells.
If you’re not someone who keeps your home clean and tidy, you may want to consider finding an alternative living arrangement while your house is on the market. You could try asking a very clean friend if they’d be willing to trade homes with you for a while. It’s important to keep your house in pristine condition to make potential buyers feel comfortable and avoid any feelings of discomfort that might prevent them from making a purchase.
2) Cultivate a cohesive, neutral style. It is not necessary to paint everything off-white when preparing to sell your house. In fact, subtle colors can make a difference in how spaces are perceived. For instance, a soft yellow can brighten up a dark kitchen, while a deep dark blue or green can give a bright bedroom a calming feel. However, it is important to be cautious when using dark colors, as they can make rooms feel smaller.
Invest in high-quality paint and professional help to ensure neat and straight lines. This will make your property more attractive to potential buyers and they will be willing to pay more for a home that appears to be better built.
Optical illusions are real, and psychologists study this stuff. Don’t believe me?
Look it up. And don’t neglect the outside and just do the inside, or anything else that’s unbalanced.
3) Fix or replace anything that’s broken. Investing a few extra hundred dollars in a dishwasher may seem unnecessary, as someone else might replace it anyway. However, many buyers will have a home inspection and may use this as an opportunity to negotiate with you. As the seller, you may end up paying more if you try to conceal any neglected maintenance from the buyer, and you certainly do not want to be accused of fraud. Therefore, it is advisable to be upfront about any known issues and address them to avoid complications during the selling process.
Make sure you stay in compliance with all the laws.
Hiring a home inspector before listing your property for sale can be a wise investment. By asking in advance, you may be able to negotiate a lower fee for a return visit after completing minor repairs, and receive a clean bill of health. Prospective buyers appreciate having an independent report on the property’s condition, which can increase their confidence in making the purchase.
4) Make only necessary improvements. When preparing to sell their house, the most significant error people make is excessive improvement. They may spend too much money on personalized embellishments that cannot be recouped through the sale.
Paint is about the only safe investment – it’s easy to overspend on almost everything else, and it’s easy to get ripped off by unscrupulous contractors.
It’s important to know what improvements will produce a return on investment to avoid wasting money.
5) Get expert opinions. It’s recommended that you seek out several reputable real estate brokers to assist you in pricing your property, but it’s important to be truthful with them. If you intend to sell the property on your own, it’s not advisable to deceive brokers about your plans. While exceptional brokers may be hard to come by, they can generate more profit for their clients than their own earnings.
6) Have a really great marketing plan. Once more, competent brokers justify their worth by completing this task and allocating advertising costs among multiple clients. Building a marketing campaign from scratch can be costly and time-consuming, but if you’re already a marketing expert, you have an advantage over others.
If you’re not, spend the time listening to what the best brokers do to sell houses in Southwest Michigan – just to educate yourself on the options.
7) Get a cash offer. We buy houses all over the Southwest Michigan area, and we do all the work so you don’t have to deal with any of this stuff.
Don’t Want To Do The Things Above Yourself? But Still Want To Sell Your Southwest Michigan MI House Fast?
Although everyone desires to obtain the highest possible amount from the sale of their home, not everyone can or wishes to undertake the necessary measures to sell it at full retail value to a final buyer.
Performing repairs, cleaning the property, upgrading it, and marketing it all require a significant amount of money and time.
If you have the funds to do these things... If you’re willing to wait for the 3-9 months it takes to sell a house in this market, you may benefit financially by completing those tasks before listing the property on the MLS (the primary property listing service utilized by real estate agents).
If you don’t have the funds to do these things... AND can’t wait months to sell your house… then you may be a perfect fit for our local Southwest Michigan house buying service. You’ll submit basic info about your house over here on our website, we’ll evaluate your house, we’ll make you a fair all-cash offer on your house, and you can decide if it’s a fit for you.
Then we can close FAST (often times within 7 days) if you need us to.
Take a look at what we’ll pay you not to do anything versus the time, expense and hassle involved with doing it on your own.
So if you’re still asking “what do I need to do to sell my house in Southwest Michigan“… now you have 2 solid options.
- Fix the property up and get it all nice and ready with the steps above to sell it at top dollar
- Let us do all of the work and we’ll make you a cash offer on your house in AS-IS condition. This saves you time, money, and gets the hassle off of your hands.
If you need to sell a property near Southwest Michigan, we can help you.
We buy properties like yours from people who need to sell fast.